European Road Freight Operator
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an European Road Freight Operator to join our projects department based at our Goole Heavy Lift Depot. Knowledge of abnormal/out-of-gauge European Road Freight movements would be ideal but not essential as guidance will be provided within the working role.
If you have previous experience as a European Road Freight Operator or Coordinator and would like a challenge with learning new skills and personal development with abnormal/out-of-gauge movements this role will be great for you!
- Client liaison for European Road movements.
- Freight quotations for export and import freight shipments.
- Completing operational administration, including customs clearance formalities, for clients and suppliers.
- Ownership of European Road freight consignments in transit through to successful completion and delivery.
- Invoicing out and completing the job files.
- Build business relationships with colleagues and clients
Qualifications / EXPERIENCE
- 2 years’ freight forwarding experience in European Road Freight and/or working within a freight forwarding environment.
- Experience working within a fast-paced office and being able to prioritise own workload.
- Customs clearance experience, especially with EU trade post Brexit.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in handling jobs from initial quotation through to delivery.
- Must be able to work under own initiative.
- Demonstrate ability to complete tasks, with attention to detail.
- Have a good understanding and geographic knowledge of UK and Europe
- Ability to record and report progress & development of the task
- High level of Computer skill and competency
- Flexible and willing to learn in order to develop in the role
- Effective communicator at all levels
Preferred, but not essential:
- Knowledge of abnormal/out of gauge European road freight movements
Location and conditions
The role ideally will be based at our Goole depot (Halifax depot potentially could be used for the perfect candidate), but may be required to travel between other depots or clients in order to oversee and manage some percentage of the task. The role will have a competitive salary, commensurate with experience and ability. The role will be 40 hours per week, with flexibility essential. We offer 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) and a company holiday purchase scheme (subject to conditions). Training and uniform will be provided as required.